Dear Mr. XXX,
On August 22nd 2014, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced stricter regulations and controls for Hydrocodone-Containing Products (HCP). Examples of hydrocodone-containing products are Norco, Vicodin, Lortab, Hycodan, Tussionex and several generics. These new laws will take effect on October 6th 2014 and means that all prescriptions for Hydrocodone-Containing Products will have to be written on State-specific serial-numbered (physician-specific) prescription pads.
How does this affect you?
- If you no longer require hydrocodone-containing products, please ignore this letter.
- If you currently have a valid prescription with refills for a HCP written before October 6th 2014, you will still be able to fill this prescription up until 6 months from the date on the prescription.
- Patients’ requiring prescriptions for HCP from October 6th 2014 will have to contact their physicians’ offices for new prescriptions written on the approved state-issued serial-numbered pads.
- Under normal circumstances prescriptions for the reclassified HCP cannot longer be called in (verbal) or faxed to the pharmacy by the physician’s office.
- Nurse practitioners and physician assistants can no longer write prescriptions for the reclassified HCP.
- Starting from October 6th 2014, new prescriptions for HCP will be valid for only specific period of time as determined by individual state laws.
- The refilling of a prescription for a controlled substance listed in schedule II is prohibited by law.
Do not hesitate to contact me at ____ (insert your telephone number) should you have questions or would like more information about this matter.
Any views or opinions represented in this blog are personal and belong solely to Accurate Order Solutions, LLC and do not represent those of people, institutions or organizations that the owner may or may not be associated with in professional or personal capacity, unless explicitly stated. Any views or opinions are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual.
All content provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. Accurate Order Solutions, LLC makes no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this site or found by following any link on this site. Accurate Order Solutions will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. Accurate Order Solutions, LLC will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.